Sunday, February 6, 2011

Between Two Guays

Our gorgeous plane, Pluna
M&M's: Legit; Chips Ahoy: Tease
Wednesday February 2nd, 2011 was my first official day in Paraguay. The journey consisted of two flights one from Miami to Montevideo, Uraguay and the other from Montevideo to Asuncion, Paraguay. In total, about 11 hours was spent flying. I don´t even know where to begin counting the time spent waiting in between, but I did have a familiar snack while in the Uraguayan airport )see attached picture on right). The food on the plane rides wasn´t too bad either. The plane to Paraguay itself was very colorful eye candy lol. After we landed in Asuncion, we were greeted by two directors from the Peace Corps and later by others. Unfortunately, while waiting for our                      luggage about 20 of us learned only one of our bags arrived and we had to file a report...but we received them the very next day. In the airport, we were divided into our groups Education and Health, and divided again into subgroups for 2 different communities since there wasnt enough host families in a single community for all of us to stay together. Everyone was exhausted...including myself . Despite the hot, sticky weather I fell asleep on the van ride from the airport to the resort hostel. Essentially, we were given a ¨´day off ¨ and got to stay together for a night to catch up on rest before we had to meet our host families the very next day. The resort had warm water and electricity but no internet. I also had the best apple and granola bar I´ve ever had and I´m sure my fellow volunteers would agree!

Outside of Airport in Asunción, PY

Me, Taylor, Ellie, Charly 1st Snack in PY!




No comments:

Post a Comment