Friday, April 6, 2012

Fun Foods Found :D

No lie. It's tough being a Foodie and living in a foreign country. It forces you to be creative (which can be frustrating at times) and renders you helpless when you can't curb that craving you've been having for weeks (months even) due to lack of ingredients or rather, unavailability. BUT, the good news is this just makes it all the better/more exciting when you find something rare. Below are a list of jewels (lol) I've found and treasured so far:

-Spring Rolls (my latest obsession!)
-Cornbread (made my Vegetarian Chili even better!)
-Asparagus (one of my fav. veggies of all time!)
-Crissants (enough said)
-Gruyere cheese (one of my fav. cheeses)
-Peanut Butter (can't live without it. I was thrilled to find it here after being told otherwise!)
-Gummy Worms (what's a Dirt Cake without them?!)
-Maple Syrup (awesome find! Pancakes here I come!)
-Tilapia (my fav. type of fish for it's suaveness) 
-Cream Cheese (now if I could only find a bagel! Lol)
-Snickers (one of my fav. candy bars!)
-REAL butter (you'd be surprised at how hard it is to come by here!)
-Key Lime Pie (one of my fav. desserts!)
-Caesar Salad (my fav. salad of ALL time!)


No comments:

Post a Comment